What makes your home something special to you? Is it the feeling that it is yours or the bonding you have developed for it? Both can be right. You develop a natural liking towards your home whether is small or big. After a hectic day of activity at your work place, home is the perfect place for you relax.
Sometimes, I wonder that there should be something like ‘Google’ at my home to search for the misplaced things. Though I take a lot of care in keeping the things at their respective places carefully, often I find them misplaced. I feel I am wasting much of my precious morning time searching for them. If you share my experience you too need to learn many good things that I learnt over the years.
Keeping your home clean and lovely needs your care, planning and love. What are the best ways to keep your home lovely? Let us see what they are:
- Get organized: Even if your home is spacious and rich, but if it lacks proper organization of the things in and around it, you won’t feel happy and peaceful when you are at home. You need to keep it organized and clean. The bigger the home, the greater will be the challenge of keeping your home organized and tidy.
- Start with a Plan: As any good project needs to have a perfect plan, maintaining your home also must have a clear plan of action. You must decide how often you must clean your home and how to clean it. Many people prefer to clean their home at least twice a month. You must plan to clean it at least once in a month, if you don’t have time to do fortnightly.
- Keep it Small: Keep your weekly tasks small. I suggest you to go with one room a week. You don’t need to put all your energies on cleaning your home on a holiday. If you can plan in such a way that you clean one room every Sunday, it sets a routine for you and you won’t strain too much on a holiday.
- Form a Team: Organizing your home isn’t a boring task at all, if you make your kids and spouse active members of your team. You can form two member teams to make it more funny and enjoyable. I often share the work and teach my kids how to keep their rooms tidy. It’s a great way of spending time with family as well.
- Have fun: Don’t worry about keeping your home tidy as a boring work. You can add fun by doing it together with your family. ‘Fastest Cleaner First’ is a game we often play and the one who finishes first will get an extra ice-cream. It’s a great fun to work with your kids.
- Set an example: By actively participating in the cleaning process of your home, you are setting a good example to your children. They will know the importance of being neat and keeping the premises clean. They develop the habit of keeping everything at its proper place. After a few weeks, your work be easier and in fact, it gets reduced as the kids learn the good habits of being organized.
- Get the right tools: Cleaning the house is not a simple task. You need to have the right equipment to clean the dust off from the carpets on the floor, and from the window blinds and from the decorative items. In addition to the Vacuum cleaner you need to use the small cleaning brushes and micro dusting cloths. If you want to wash any area with water, use a good water sprayer clean easily. Get your cleaning items ready.
- Reserve space for everything: Everything at home should have its allocated place from shoes to school bags. Kids usually throw their books everywhere. They should be given a place to keep their belongings. Develop a sense of discipline in kids in keeping everything in its proper space. Ask your kids to bring a particular thing from it allocated place without searching for it.
- Think twice before you buy anything: If you want to buy anything when you are shopping, stop for a while and think where you can place the thing at your home. Quite often, we end up buying things for which do not have sufficient space at our homes. It leads to congestion of our living space at home. Our living room gets encroached with too many things that we find it difficult to move freely without hitting anything.
- Make it a Mission: An organized home offers feelings of peace and calmness. It looks lovely and comfortable. What is pleasing to the eyes will also be pleasing to the heart. You can keep your home organized all the time, if only you take it seriously and create a conscious awareness among all the members of the family. Make it mission to keep your home organized.